Please pray for our Parish Council Nominees. We thank these men and women for their willingness to serve our parish in the hopes that thier time and talents will serve the good of the parish and her members!
Elections - December 19&20, 2015
1. Jeff Bogue is married to Pattie Ancell Bogue, who was born and reared in Sikeston and St. Francis Xavier Parish. After his 2013 retirement from The University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis, Jeff and Pattie realized her dream of returning to Sikeston. He has experience on parish and school boards in the Diocese of Memphis, including chair of his parish finance council, secretary of the St. Benedict School advisory board, and on the diocesan campus ministry board. Their son, Jeff IV, is youth director at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church in Memphis.
2. My name is Christopher LeGrand. I was born and raised in Sikeston, attending Sikeston Public Schools. In 1990, I moved to Milwaukee, WI for four years and then onto to Chicago, IL in 1994. While in Chicago, I was employed by CJE SeniorLife for 17 years. I am currently employed by the Scott County Circuit Clerk's Office in Benton, MO. I am now a part of the St. Francis Xavier Parish Family and would be honored to serve on the Parish Council, if so elected.
3. My name is Darlene Margrabe and I was born and raised a Catholic attending St. Lawrence Catholic church and school in New Hamburg, MO. I have proudly been an active member of St. Francis Xavier Parish for the last 40 years serving as Lector, Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion and participating in ALPHA, Renew and many other discussion groups. I was a Missouri licensed preschool owner and teacher for 29 years and I am in my sixth year as administrative legal secretary for the law firm of Burns, Taylor, Heckemeyer, Green & Edwards, LLC. If elected to the Parish Council, I would use my God-given talents and experience to serve to the best of my ability in the operation of our parish.
4. My name is Bobby Ressel. I have a wonderful wife of ten years, Crystie (Drake) and two beautiful children, Katie Rose (9), and Charlie (6). Both of our children attend St. Francis Xavier school. I attended school at St. Augustine in Kelso and graduated from Notre Dame high school. I've been employed at Do It Best for seventeen years. I'm active in our Knights of Columbus chapter and would like to continue my service in our Parish by serving on the Parish Council.
5. My name is Cory Ross and I am married to Brittany Ross and we have three children: Clare, Michael and Thomas. I teach at Sikeston High School and am also an active parishioner here at St. Francis Xavier. I currently serve as a sacristan; in the past I have served as a youth minister, helped with confirmation classes, and served as a diocesan development fund chairperson. If elected to parish council, I hope to share a young adults perspective on how St. Francis Xavier can serve all ages so the Catholic faith may be loved by future generations
6. My name is Diana Mize. I just recently moved here from Southern Georgia to be near my two daughters and twelve grandchildren. Everyone has been very kind and welcoming and I would love to be of service and involved in the working of my new parish.
7. My name is Matt Schonhoff and my family have been members of the parish since 2006. I currently teach physical education at Southeast elementary and head girls basketball coach for Sikeston. I currently serve as an user and would love to be a member of the parish council so I can serve my church in multiple ways.
8. My name is John Bollinger! I've been a resident of Sikeston and member of St. Francis Xavier Parish most of my life. My wife, Valerie and I live and work in Sikeston where our three children attend St. Francis Xavier school. I served on Parish Council several years ago and Valerie currently serves on the SFX school board. I'm always willing to do my part to help this parish and community grow and prosper, now and into the future.
9. My name is James Hann. I was born and raised in Sikeston! I went to the parish school in 1970 and attended Morehouse and Sikeston schools. I have attended weekly Mass st St. Francis all my life and has served on the parish council when Msgr. Stanton was the pastor. If elected, I promise to present parish members concerns before Fr. Patrick.